Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Zinovieff <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/23 00:23:40 UTC

Raster image data embedded multiple times

Hi,

Careful scanning of Batik SVG generator output shows
that raster images (jpg, png) are not stored very
efficiently. Every image tag has its own inline chunk
of base64 data. If one and the same bitmap appears n
times in an SVG image, there are n copies of the same
data...

Are any plans currently underway to remedy this
situation? I have not found any entry relating to this
in bugzilla.

Peter

Re: Raster image data embedded multiple times

Posted by Christophe Jolif <cj...@ilog.fr>.
Christophe Jolif wrote:

> I will have a look at it.

Looking at Vincent answer which is very clear, it seems that it is not
anymore necessary for me to have a look at it :-) It seems impossible to
be done in the generic case :-(

--
Christophe

Re: Raster image data embedded multiple times

Posted by Christophe Jolif <cj...@ilog.fr>.
Peter,

I'm pretty sure this can be done, I will have a look at it.

Thanks.