Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/04 21:00:08 UTC

[users@httpd] How to make query string visible in Apache logs?

Hi All,

  Does anyone know how to make the query string in a url visible in the Apache logs? I noticed it not showing up in the logs and need it to be visible.

  Thanks,
  -Tony

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] How to make query string visible in Apache logs?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/4/07, Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know how to make the query string in a url visible in the Apache
> logs? I noticed it not showing up in the logs and need it to be visible.

The query string certainly is visible in the standard common or
combined log format as given in the %r format string directive. See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html#accesslog

Perhaps you are looking for POST content? That can't be logged in the
standard log.

In any case, check your LogFormat and CustomLog directives.

Joshua.