Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2001/03/29 16:44:14 UTC

Re: Starting Cocoon Engine

Cocoon is a big servlet. I think a servlet's init() method is only
called when the servlet is needed, but you can force the init on startup
in your web.xml file. Here's the relevant section from the web.xml DTD
(http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd):

<!--
The load-on-startup element indicates that this servlet should be
loaded on the startup of the web application. The optional contents of
these element must be a positive integer indicating the order in which
the servlet should be loaded. Lower integers are loaded before higher
integers. If no value is specified, or if the value specified is not a
positive integer, the container is free to load it at any time in the
startup sequence.
-->
<!ELEMENT load-on-startup (#PCDATA)>

--Jeff