Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by meghana <me...@amultek.com> on 2012/07/26 16:56:34 UTC

Solr - hl.fragsize Issue

i am using solr 3.5 , and in search query i set hl.fragsize = 100 , but my
fragment does not contain exact 100 chars , average fragment size is 120 .

Can anybody have idea about this issue??

Thanks

Re: Solr - hl.fragsize Issue

Posted by meghana <me...@amultek.com>.
Hi @iorixxx , I use DefaultSolrHighlighter , and yes fragment size also
includes <em> tags but if we remove <em> from fragment , then also the
average size of fragment is 110 instead of 100.

Re: Solr - hl.fragsize Issue

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> i am using solr 3.5 , and in search
> query i set hl.fragsize = 100 , but my
> fragment does not contain exact 100 chars , average fragment
> size is 120 .
>
> Can anybody have idea about this issue??

Are you using FastVectorHighlighter or DefaultSolrHighlighter?
Could it be that 120 includes character numbers of <em> tags ?