Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by wondering1 <d0...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/31 19:22:03 UTC

What is the path of least resistance?

Hi,

I have code that was written using gSoap sometime ago - lots of C code. I
now want to access this code from a J2ME. How can this be done? Is there
some sample code somewhere that will help you do this SUCCESSFULLY?

I had considered moving the code to Axis2/C but from what I can see on the
net, people are reporting it as unstable  :-/

So, what can one do? I have already written a *lot* of code in "C" and to
don't want to have to switch Ksoap (java based only) just because it has
better documentation on how ksoap services can be accessed by J2ME clients.

TIA
Wondering1

Re: What is the path of least resistance?

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/07, wondering1 <d0...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have code that was written using gSoap sometime ago - lots of C code. I
> now want to access this code from a J2ME. How can this be done? Is there
> some sample code somewhere that will help you do this SUCCESSFULLY?

can't you generate the client code using wsdl2java tool and access them?

I had considered moving the code to Axis2/C but from what I can see on the
> net, people are reporting it as unstable  :-/
>
> So, what can one do? I have already written a *lot* of code in "C" and to
> don't want to have to switch Ksoap (java based only) just because it has
> better documentation on how ksoap services can be accessed by J2ME
> clients.
>
> TIA
> Wondering1

Amila Suriarachchi,