Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Andrei A. Ivanov" <ai...@kolumbus.fi> on 2002/05/15 23:51:11 UTC

VERY basic question about James and TLS

Hi!
If anyone was actually able to run and use (from mail clients) TSL support
for latest James SMTP server?
I am trying to make it use TLS for SMTP but it seems so that it doen't work.
When mail client connects to James SMTP server, James accepts connection but
this process stops when server tries to send handshake data (SMTPHandler
line 159 of James2.0a3). This results in Mail Client (I am using M$
OutlookExpress) timeout. If anyone ever managed to send email to James SMTP
with TLS enabled, just let me know that it works, so I'll continue research
in this direction.

Any timely response will be greatly appreciated.
Andrei