Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/04/06 18:17:07 UTC

Apache PDFBox April 2013 board report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month.

Any comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
documents.

General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the community.

We invited two new committers/PMC-members to our ranks and both accepted:

Maruan Sahyoun
Thomas Chojecki

351 subscribers on the user@ list
154 subscribers on the dev@ list

Releases
--------

Version 1.8.0 was released on 23th of march 2013

This is the first official release of our new modules Preflight and Xmpbox.

Development:
------------

Unfortunately the 1.8.0 introduces an issue when saving pdfs. We are already
working on a bugfix release, which will be available soon.
We decided to use the Apache CMS for our website. Maruan is working on the
transition.

</draft>

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: Apache PDFBox April 2013 board report due

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 06.04.2013 18:32, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> Hi,
>
> Maruan Sahyoun
>
> Am 06.04.2013 um 18:17 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
>> month.
>>
>> Any comments, objections or additions?
>>

>> <draft>
>>
>> The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
>> documents.
>>

>> General Comments
>> ----------------
>>
>> There are no issues that require Board attention.
>>

>> Community
>> ---------
>>
>> There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the community.
>>
>> We invited two new committers/PMC-members to our ranks and both accepted:
>>
>> Maruan Sahyoun
>> Thomas Chojecki
>>
>> 351 subscribers on the user@ list
>> 154 subscribers on the dev@ list
>>
>> Releases
>> --------
>>
>> Version 1.8.0 was released on 23th of march 2013
>
> Version 1.8.1 was release on …… ?
We have to deliver the report until next wednesday. If the release is ready
until then I'll add a note about 1.8.1 too

>> This is the first official release of our new modules Preflight and Xmpbox.
>>
>     New modules:
>     Preflight to validate PDF files against the PDF/A-1b ISO standard
>     Xmpbox to handle XMP metadata in PDF files
+1

>> Development:
>> ------------
>>
>> Unfortunately the 1.8.0 introduces an issue when saving pdfs. We are already
>> working on a bugfix release, which will be available soon.
>
> Maybe mention 1.8.1 as this should be out by then?
+1

>> We decided to use the Apache CMS for our website. Maruan is working on the
>> transition.
>
> Next major development cycles:
> - enhance testing
> - modularization
> - parser enhancements
+1

>> </draft>
>>
>> BR
>> Andreas Lehmkühler
>

> BR
> Maruan
Thanks for your input, I'll add your additions  before submitting the report.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

Maruan Sahyoun

Am 06.04.2013 um 18:17 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>:

> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
> month.
>
> Any comments, objections or additions?
>

> <draft>
>
> The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
> documents.
>

> General Comments
> ----------------
>
> There are no issues that require Board attention.
>

> Community
> ---------
>
> There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the community.
>
> We invited two new committers/PMC-members to our ranks and both accepted:
>
> Maruan Sahyoun
> Thomas Chojecki
>
> 351 subscribers on the user@ list
> 154 subscribers on the dev@ list
>
> Releases
> --------
>
> Version 1.8.0 was released on 23th of march 2013

Version 1.8.1 was release on …… ?

> This is the first official release of our new modules Preflight and Xmpbox.

   New modules:
   Preflight to validate PDF files against the PDF/A-1b ISO standard
   Xmpbox to handle XMP metadata in PDF files

> Development:
> ------------
>
> Unfortunately the 1.8.0 introduces an issue when saving pdfs. We are already
> working on a bugfix release, which will be available soon.

Maybe mention 1.8.1 as this should be out by then?

> We decided to use the Apache CMS for our website. Maruan is working on the
> transition.

Next major development cycles:
- enhance testing
- modularization