Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bj...@accenture.com on 2008/04/30 13:22:37 UTC

Copying package to a directory

Is there a plugin which I can use to copy a package (jar, war ...) to a specified folder?  And is it also possible to provide a name for that folder, with a buildnumber or something like that?

RE: Copying package to a directory

Posted by Thomas Darbois <Th...@edifixio.com>.
You can also use dependency plugin :)

<plugin>
        <executions>
                <execution>
                        <id>copy</id>
                        <phase>install</phase>
                        <goals>
                                <goal>copy</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                                <artifactItems>
                                        <artifactItem>
                                                <groupId>
                                                        ${project.groupId}
                                                </groupId>
                                                <artifactId>
                                                        ${project.artifactId}
                                                </artifactId>
                                                <version>
                                                        ${project.version}
                                                </version>
                                                <overWrite>true</overWrite>
                                                <type>
                                                        ${project.packaging}
                                                </type>
                                                <destFileName>
                                                        ${artifactId}.${project.packaging}
                                                </destFileName>
                                        </artifactItem>
                                </artifactItems>
                                <outputDirectory>
                                        ${youroutput}
                                </outputDirectory>
                        </configuration>
                </execution>
        </executions>
</plugin>

Tomas Darbois
Edifixio Grenoble - Projet ScorWare
04 76 29 89 27
thomas.darbois@edifixio.com
> Is there a plugin which I can use to copy a package (jar, war ...)
> to a specified folder?  And is it also possible to provide a name
> for that folder, with a buildnumber or something like that?

maven-assembly-plugin

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/

You can specify <format>dir</format> so you won't have a zip file but
the directory structure.

--
Arnaud Vandyck
avandyck@gmail.com