Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2008/04/26 17:42:14 UTC

Heads up: svn outage

Here's an early heads-up about problems on the svn server. Once the
extent of the problem is understood, notice will probably be sent to
committers@apache.org, so committers should watch for more info.

Committers can subscribe to infrastructure@apache.org -- this is where I
picked up this info. If you join the mail list, you can also join
#asfinfra on feednode [1].

I must say that the timing was excellent for completing the 10.4.1.3
release.

 -jean

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-volunteer.html

Re: Heads up: svn outage

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Dyre Tjeldvoll wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>> Here's an early heads-up about problems on the svn server. Once the
>> extent of the problem is understood, notice will probably be sent to
>> committers@apache.org, so committers should watch for more info.
>>
>> Committers can subscribe to infrastructure@apache.org -- this is
>> where I picked up this info. If you join the mail list, you can also
>> join #asfinfra on feednode [1].
>>
>> I must say that the timing was excellent for completing the 10.4.1.3
>> release.
>
> Indeed... svn was working for me earlier today when I updated the NEWS
> section on the website. But wiki.apache.org did not respond, so I was
> not able to update the TenFour wiki as I had planned...

It looks like the problem wasn't as serious as they first thought and
svn was brought back just before 10am pacific.

 -jean

Re: Heads up: svn outage

Posted by Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dy...@Sun.COM>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Here's an early heads-up about problems on the svn server. Once the
> extent of the problem is understood, notice will probably be sent to
> committers@apache.org, so committers should watch for more info.
>
> Committers can subscribe to infrastructure@apache.org -- this is where I
> picked up this info. If you join the mail list, you can also join
> #asfinfra on feednode [1].
>
> I must say that the timing was excellent for completing the 10.4.1.3
> release.

Indeed... svn was working for me earlier today when I updated the NEWS
section on the website. But wiki.apache.org did not respond, so I was
not able to update the TenFour wiki as I had planned...

Dyre