Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com> on 2010/10/29 16:07:13 UTC

Any plans to support key metadata?

In 0.7, Cassandra now supports column metadata
CfDef.default_validation_class and ColumnDef.validation_class. Is
there any plan to provide similar metadata for keys, at the key space
or column family level?

Jim

Re: Any plans to support key metadata?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Eventually, but I think this requires moving to
partitioner-per-columnfamily which as discussed before is a ton of
work.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Any plans to support key metadata?

Posted by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com>.
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com> wrote:
> In 0.7, Cassandra now supports column metadata
> CfDef.default_validation_class and ColumnDef.validation_class. Is
> there any plan to provide similar metadata for keys, at the key space
> or column family level?

Sorry to respond to my own email, but in re-reading it I realized that
I meant to say "type metadata", not just "metadata". I'm interested in
optionally being able to store a key type in the same way we now have
column types.