Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by John Dougrez-Lewis <jl...@lightblue.com> on 2016/02/02 21:56:02 UTC

Query on C++ UCB XInteractionHandler interface - is it possible to have/write a non-UI-based interface to respond on?

Hi,

I'm looking at coding a pet C++ project to use the Content Brokers provided
by the UCB/UNO subsystem.

I note that the XInteractionHandler-derived classes can be used to handle

>From a class diagram I've found, it looks like the XInteractionHandler may
be a UI/frame type class.

If I want to respond programmatically from my console (non-GUI) program, is
there a way of doing this - either by writing my own non-UI response
handlers or by using pre-existing handlers (if they exist)? Is there a
non-UI route in to providing a required response?

Any pointers/links would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

John

RE: Query on C++ UCB XInteractionHandler interface - is it possible to have/write a non-UI-based interface to respond on?

Posted by John Dougrez-Lewis <jl...@lightblue.com>.
Thanks Stephen,

I've been looking at interactionhandler.cxx today and I believe the best way
forward is to take the uui source implementation as a base and then
refactor, replacing all of the XDialog-derived classes with classes that
query for the same information through an interface passed in as part of a
custom method called on startup. There are only about 10 or so dialogs and
some message boxes as well that need to be dealt with.

That should take care of removing all of the GUI within the uui code, and
then it's just down to tracking down other UI elements (Certificate Viewers
etc) in external modules and rewrite that code as well.

Does anyone know of any UCB provider code been written for commercial
hosting services - DropBox, Google, Microsoft offerings etc? - It would be
good to be able to leverage off of it.

Regards,

John

On 02/02/2016 09:56 PM, John Dougrez-Lewis wrote:
> I'm looking at coding a pet C++ project to use the Content Brokers
> provided by the UCB/UNO subsystem.
>
> I note that the XInteractionHandler-derived classes can be used to
> handle responses to supply e.g. user/pswd details for Authentication etc.
>
>  From a class diagram I've found, it looks like the
> XInteractionHandler may be a UI/frame type class.
>
> If I want to respond programmatically from my console (non-GUI)
> program, is there a way of doing this - either by writing my own
> non-UI response handlers or by using pre-existing handlers (if they
> exist)? Is there a non-UI route in to providing a required response?
>
> Any pointers/links would be gratefully appreciated.

Yeah, you need to implement your own XInteractionHandler.  The general one
in uui/source/interactionhandler.cxx is indeed designed for GUI interaction,
but there is e.g.
desktop/source/lib/lokinteractionhandler.cxx in the LibreOffice code base
that is an example of a more programmatic handling of interaction requests.

Posted by Stephan Bergmann <sb...@redhat.com>.