Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Seumas Soltysik <se...@iona.com> on 2002/03/02 02:24:40 UTC

Validating against my schema elements not those in http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema namespace

Is there any way of validating an instance document against a schema
without having the validator validate elements in the
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
namespace? It appears that when I validate, Xerces is trying to find a
schema document for the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema namespace and it
is unable to. As a result I am getting errors like:
     [java] General Schema Error: Grammar with uri:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema , can not be found; schema namespace may
be wrong:  Xerces supports schemas from the
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" namespace or the instance document's
namespace may not match the targetNamespace of the schema.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Seumas Soltysik
Senior Software Engineer, XMLBus Platform Team
IONA
Total Business Integration (TM)
200 West Street
Waltham, MA 02451