Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Johanna Briseno <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/19 21:40:30 UTC

To synchronize mixtures of test plan

To carry out a test planned in simultaneous form of several test plan.

 Situation:

- I have a file XML where I have the information of the parameters that
you/they are sent with request.

- Each test plan should be planned, for example:

- Test Plan 1. hour of beginning: 12:00:00

- Test Plan 2. hour of beginning: 12:00:05

- Test Plan 3. hour of beginning: 12:00:10

-  …

- Test Plan 10. hour of beginning: 12:01:15

I should execute the mixture with the test plan before mentioned, planned
according to one schedule calculated through a statistical distribution.

 Problem: When JMeter extracts the information of the file xml, in the
mixture of test plan, it doesn't make it in sequential form and me I need
that.

 Is to say:

users.xml

<allthreads>

            <thread>

                        <parameter>

                             <paramname>idusers</paramname>

                             <paramvalue>U001</paramvalue>

                       </parameter>

            </thread>

            <thread>

                        <parameter>

                             <paramname>idusers</paramname>

                             <paramvalue>U002</paramvalue>

                        </parameter>

            </thread>

            <thread>

                        <parameter>

                             <paramname>idusers</paramname>

                             <paramvalue>U003</paramvalue>

                        </parameter>

            </thread>

</allthreads>

If in my mixture of test planned plan I say:

- Test Plan 1. hour of beginning: 12:00:00, this should extract the first
thread with idusers:U001

- Test Plan 2. hour of beginning: 12:00:05, this should extract the second
thread with idusers:U002

But it doesn't carry out this way; it extracts the first one and the third
or the second and the third or the third and later the first one.

What can I make so that it extracts the data in a sequential way?

Johanna

P.S.:Forgive my English, but I don't speak to it very well.

Re: To synchronize mixtures of test plan

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The HTTP User Parameters Pre-processor (which uses users.xml) does
work, but is deprecated - please do not use it. However, that is not
the problem here.

As far as I can understand, you seem to be using several independent
Test plans. These will each read the users.xml from the beginning.

Even if you use one test plan, the input file is only shared between
threads in a single thread group. A different thread group can read
the same file, but it will start reading from the beginning.

===

Perhaps use independent test plans, and start them using cron or a
similar batch scheduler, and pass in the user id.

One can also use a start delay which is a variable, and pass the
variable on the command-line; so start all the tests at once, but with
varying start delays.

How many threads are in each test? If each test runs a single thread,
then you could use single thread group with 10 threads. Set the
ramp-up time to 10*5 seconds = 50 seconds, and the threads will start
at 00, 05, 10 etc.

The user ids can be read from a file, or can be generated from a counter.