Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Robert Stewart <Ro...@epam.com> on 2011/09/09 16:33:53 UTC

[Lucene.Net] How to add document to more than one index (but only analyze once)?

Is it possible to add a document to more than one index at the same time, such that document fields are only analyzed one time?  For instance, to add document to both a master index, and a smaller near real-time index.  I would like to avoid analyzing document fields more than once but I dont see if that is possible at all using Lucene API.

Thanks,
Bob

Re: [Lucene.Net] How to add document to more than one index (but only analyze once)?

Posted by Robert Stewart <Ro...@epam.com>.
That sounds like a good plan.  How will that affect existing merge scheduling?  For master index I use merge factor of 2.

Posted by digy digy <di...@gmail.com>.