Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Tom Innes <To...@allTiers.com> on 2006/10/19 21:03:31 UTC

Conversation Component Servlet Filter Issue

I am trying out the new sandbox component Conversation. I have taken one of
the saveState Examples and converted it to Facelets.  I am not sure what I
am doing wrong but I am getting the following exception.  Any help would be
appreciated.

SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/pages/saveState.xhtml]

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ConversationServletFilter not called.
Please configure the filter
org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationServletFilter in your
web.xml to cover your faces requests.

at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationManager.getInstance(Conve
rsationManager.java:124)

at org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationManager.getInstance
(ConversationManager.java:111)

I have added the following to my web.xml

<!-- Filter for Conversation Scope Begin -->
 <filter>
   <filter-name>conversationFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.conversation.ConversationServletFilt
er </filter-class>
 </filter>
 <filter>
   <filter-name>requestParameterProvider</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.requestParameterProvider.RequestPara
meterServletFilter </filter-class>
 </filter>
 <!-- Filter for Conversation Scope End -->

<!-- Filter Mappings for Conversation Scope Begin -->
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>requestParameterProvider</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>requestParameterProvider</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>conversationFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>conversationFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<!-- Filter Mappings for Conversation Scope End -->

I have also created a Facelets Taglib for the Conversation Components I am
starting out with this has been configured in web.xml as well

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
  "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
  "http://java.sun.com/dtd/facelet-taglib_1_0.dtd ">

<facelet-taglib>
    <namespace>http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox</namespace>

    <tag>
        <tag-name>conversation</tag-name>
        <component>
            <component-type>org.apache.myfaces.Conversation</component-type>
        </component>
    </tag>
    <tag>
        <tag-name>startConversation</tag-name>
        <component>

<component-type>org.apache.myfaces.StartConversation</component-type>
        </component>
    </tag>
</facelet-taglib>

 I am using 1.15 Snapshot as of today Oct 19, 2006.

I am sure it is just a configuration issue.  Does anyone have any
suggestions.

Tom