Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ad...@altavista.com> on 2002/02/18 16:43:00 UTC

is ActionForm required for Action even if no form on page?

Hi All,

When I setup an Action, is an ActionForm required even if I dont have a form on my page?

Do I have to write an empty class and define it as the name in the Action Mapping definitions in the struts-config.xml?

I'm getting an error on my page, because I haven't done this, from html:errors, but short of getting rid of html:errors, is there a way to tell struts I don't need a form?

Will having an ActionError in my request mess up the processing of tags on the page at all?

Thanks
Adam

http://www.shopping.altavista.com

Re: is ActionForm required for Action even if no form on page?

Posted by Victor Hadianto <vi...@nuix.com.au>.

> When I setup an Action, is an ActionForm required even if I dont have a
> form on my page?

You can create a mapping that does not require an action form. It works
perfectly fine. Just don't include the form attribute. Or you can have a
bollocks form name it works fine.

> I'm getting an error on my page, because I haven't done this, from
> html:errors, but short of getting rid of html:errors, is there a way to
> tell struts I don't need a form?

If you don't have form then you probably don't need the html:errors.

--
Victor Hadianto