Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> on 2006/11/07 09:23:21 UTC

AXIS2C: capabilities of code generation

Hello,

I have some question regarding C code generation from WSDL/XSD.
First as i understand there are in fact two tools for this; one is Java
based and depends on XSLT stylesheets for the actual source code
generation, the other is written purely in C itself.
Is this a valid description of the curren state of affairs?
How do both tools compare regarding their support of WSDL/XSD
constructs/functionalities?
Are the following areas settlet with these tools:

    * Multiple port types in one WSDL?
    * xsd:all?
    * xsd:union?
    * anonymous complexTypes (nested at arbitrary depth)?
    * restrictions of simple/builtin types?
    * detection of presence/absence of optional xml attributes?
    * xml attributes, whose types are userdefined?

Greetings

Franz

Re: AXIS2C: capabilities of code generation

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Franz Fehringer wrote:
> Thanks for your explanation.
> Are there already plans to fill these gaps?
We sure do want to fill those gaps. But no one is working on this tool
as of now to my knowledge.
So not sure when those gaps would be filled in.

Samisa...

Re: AXIS2C: capabilities of code generation

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 11/7/06, Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I have some question regarding C code generation from WSDL/XSD.
> First as i understand there are in fact two tools for this; one is Java
> based and depends on XSLT stylesheets for the actual source code generation,
> the other is written purely in C itself.

C tool also depends on  XSLT stylesheets for the code generation. It has
same architecture as Java tool.

Is this a valid description of the curren state of affairs?
> How do both tools compare regarding their support of WSDL/XSD
> constructs/functionalities?

Java Tool has more features than C tool. C tool is still in experimental
state.

Are the following areas settlet with these tools:

>    - Multiple port types in one WSDL?

If there are multiple port types in WSDL Java tool (
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2C) generate source code for only one port type.
You can give port name as a argument to WSDL2C tool and in this case port
type is selected from the port binding for given port.

>    - xsd:all?

(WSDL2C Java tool)Not supported.

>    - xsd:union?

(WSDL2C Java tool)Not supported.

>    - anonymous complexTypes (nested at arbitrary depth)?

(WSDL2C Java tool)Support for anonymous complexTypes.

>    - restrictions of simple/builtin types?
>    - detection of presence/absence of optional xml attributes?

(WSDL2C Java tool)Not supported.

>    - xml attributes, whose types are userdefined?

(WSDL2C Java tool)Not supported.

Greetings

> Franz

Best Regards,