Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org> on 2007/03/08 23:42:58 UTC

PageTester, context assets, and ASO's

I was playing around with PageTester in tapestry5. Very cool. Except,
pages/components which inject a context asset throw a null pointer
exception (somewhere within Request). Classpath assets seem to work
fine.  I followed the basic documentation on the tapestry-core site,
double-checked my package, path, and application name, and they all
checked out. Is there something I'm missing, or should I file a bug
report?
The stack trace looks very similar to the one in tapestry-1279. You
can see it just by trying to inject a context asset into, eg,
TestPageForForm.java

Also, use of PageTester and injecting ApplicationStateObjects seems
not to work together. Eg:

@ApplicationStateObject
private MyObject _obj;

public getObjName() {
   return _obj.getName();
}

will throw a NPE if you're using PageTester because _obj will be
null. Again... is there something I'm missing? Do I need to override
some service? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: PageTester, context assets, and ASO's

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like bugs to me!

On 3/8/07, Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org> wrote:
> I was playing around with PageTester in tapestry5. Very cool. Except,
> pages/components which inject a context asset throw a null pointer
> exception (somewhere within Request). Classpath assets seem to work
> fine.  I followed the basic documentation on the tapestry-core site,
> double-checked my package, path, and application name, and they all
> checked out. Is there something I'm missing, or should I file a bug
> report?
> The stack trace looks very similar to the one in tapestry-1279. You
> can see it just by trying to inject a context asset into, eg,
> TestPageForForm.java
>
> Also, use of PageTester and injecting ApplicationStateObjects seems
> not to work together. Eg:
>
> @ApplicationStateObject
> private MyObject _obj;
>
> public getObjName() {
>    return _obj.getName();
> }
>
> will throw a NPE if you're using PageTester because _obj will be
> null. Again... is there something I'm missing? Do I need to override
> some service? Or is this a bug?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

Re: PageTester, context assets, and ASO's

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Robert Zeigler <robertz <at> scazdl.org> writes:

> I was playing around with PageTester in tapestry5. Very cool. Except,
> pages/components which inject a context asset throw a null pointer
> exception (somewhere within Request). Classpath assets seem to work
> fine.  I followed the basic documentation on the tapestry-core site,
> double-checked my package, path, and application name, and they all
> checked out. Is there something I'm missing, or should I file a bug
> report?

Please find a bug report for each issue. Attach your code as test cases.