Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Dagang Wei <fu...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/10 22:40:30 UTC

Installing scripts in /usr/lib/hadoop/libexec/

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding installing scripts under
/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec/ in [hadoop.install](
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/deb/hadoop/hadoop.install
):

    /usr/lib/hadoop/libexec/hadoop-config.sh
    /usr/lib/hadoop/libexec/hadoop-layout.sh

Why do we specify hadoop-config.sh and hadoop-layout.sh individually? why
not simply install the whole directory by simply
specify  /usr/lib/hadoop/libexec? Because I think that would be more
flexible, in Hadoop3 new scripts e.g., hadoop-functions.sh are introduced.

Thanks!
Dagang

Re: Installing scripts in /usr/lib/hadoop/libexec/

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Dagang,

Feel free!

best regards,