Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adrian Cho <Ad...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/06/04 15:15:54 UTC

Matching source for Tomcat binary drops

A team I am working for is redistributing Tomcat 4.1.30 in binary form.  I
want to inspect all the matching source code.  In other words, if I wanted
to get the source to rebuild the same set of binaries, where would I get
this?

The reason is that I did some checking and I found that many of the jars
in the binary drops, do not have matching source in the Tomcat source
drop.  The full list I concluded was something like this:

tomcat-http11.jar - all?
tomcat-util.jar - ByteChunk?
tomcat-coyote.jar - all?
servlet.jar - all?
mx4j-jmx.jar - all?
jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar - all?
commons-modeler.jar - all?
commons-logging-api.jar - all?
commons-logging.jra - all?
commons-digester.jar - all?
commons-collections.jar - all?
commons-beanutils.jar - all?

a) Now for some of these such as commons-logging.jar,
jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar, etc. I can see some source drops on the source
download page linked from the Tomcat page although I don't know which
version of these packages is used in (for example) Tomcat 4.1.30 so I
don't know which version of the source I should get.

b) I can't find other packages such as tomcat-http11.jar,
tomcat-coyote-jar and servlet.jar anywhere.

c) At least one package (tomcat-util.jar) seems to have source for most of
the classes in the Tomcat source drop but at least one class (ByteChunk)
is not there.

I'd appreciate any hints as how I can find the exact matching source for
what is in the Tomcat 4.1.30 binary drop.

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian Cho
Manager, Intellectual Property