Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by wa...@tutanota.com on 2019/07/01 12:28:30 UTC

Duplicate detection (in Artemis)

I'm referring to the Artemis User Manual p.324
Does this duplicate detection work with the AMQP protocol?
If so: is it the same property field that has to be set: _AMQ_DUPL_ID? (why not just use the message-ID?)
Where does this property value have to be set in the AMQP message?

Re: Duplicate detection (in Artemis)

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
> I'm referring to the Artemis User Manual p.324...Does this duplicate
detection work with the AMQP protocol?

Yes. The duplicate detection described in the ActiveMQ Artemis User Manual
is supported for AMQP clients when using Artemis 2.8.0 and newer (see
ARTEMIS-2294 [1]).

> If so: is it the same property field that has to be set: _AMQ_DUPL_ID?

Yes.

> why not just use the message-ID?

That's a valid feature but isn't currently implemented. Feel free to send a
pull-request to implement this. Contributions are always welcome.

> Where does this property value have to be set in the AMQP message?

It would be set in the message's application properties.

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2294