Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2022/10/03 08:33:26 UTC

Release plans

Hi all,

Given the regression in the previous set of releases and that it is the
beginning of October, my intention is to start the October release round
shortly.

I have a couple of things I want to look at before I tag the releases as
well as running my usual checks with the unit tests. Hopefully, I'll be
in a position to tag later today.

I believe the other RMs are at ApacheCon this week so - unless there are
objections - I'm intending to tag and release the full set of releases
myself: 10.1.x, 10.0.x, 9.0.x and 8.5.x.

Mark

Re: Release plans

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 9:07 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Mark,
> >
> > On 10/3/22 03:33, Mark Thomas wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Given the regression in the previous set of releases and that it is
> >> the beginning of October, my intention is to start the October release
> >> round shortly.
> >>
> >> I have a couple of things I want to look at before I tag the releases
> >> as well as running my usual checks with the unit tests. Hopefully,
> >> I'll be in a position to tag later today.
> >>
> >> I believe the other RMs are at ApacheCon this week so - unless there
> >> are objections - I'm intending to tag and release the full set of
> >> releases myself: 10.1.x, 10.0.x, 9.0.x and 8.5.x.
> >
> > Thanks for doing this. If I had seen it earlier today, I would have done
> > the 8.5 release.
>
> No problem.
>
> > Rémy just arrived in NOLA and we had dinner together instead of doing
> > these releases :)
>
> I am very jealous. Hope you all have a great conference.

There's one (unexpected) problem though: there is no recording at all.
I didn't expect it (it's 2022 now ;) ) and there was no notice about
this, so I don't have any equipment with me (but I have 100% and more
at home :D ). Chris will do audio. I might try the teacup phone holder
thing again for my talks.

Remy

Re: Release plans

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Release plans

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 10/3/22 03:33, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Given the regression in the previous set of releases and that it is the
> beginning of October, my intention is to start the October release round
> shortly.
>
> I have a couple of things I want to look at before I tag the releases as
> well as running my usual checks with the unit tests. Hopefully, I'll be
> in a position to tag later today.
>
> I believe the other RMs are at ApacheCon this week so - unless there are
> objections - I'm intending to tag and release the full set of releases
> myself: 10.1.x, 10.0.x, 9.0.x and 8.5.x.

Thanks for doing this. If I had seen it earlier today, I would have done
the 8.5 release.

Rémy just arrived in NOLA and we had dinner together instead of doing
these releases :)

-chris