Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by a <ww...@163.com> on 2017/04/01 09:06:06 UTC

Re:[DISCUSSION]support new feature: Partition Table

additinal suggestion:
1、support at least two level partition
2、build the B+Tree by partition column shoud split the segment and make it small and may speed load data in carbondata
3、delete data by partition column

best regards
fish

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
comments inline

> 在 2017年4月1日,下午5:06,a <ww...@163.com> 写道:
>
> additinal suggestion:
> 1、support at least two level partition

I think we can let user specify the partition columns, it can be multiple columns together to form a partition key. Is this what you mean by two level partition? Generally speaking, partition on multiple columns usually leads to small file issues, which we may want to avoid.

> 2、build the B+Tree by partition column shoud split the segment and make it small and may speed load data in carbondata

When using partitioning, it will slower down the loading process as it needs shuffle. But benefit is that queries have filter column on partition key will be faster.

> 3、delete data by partition column

This could be a future feature in our roadmap after partition feature is supported.