Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2005/05/17 18:27:14 UTC

mod_authn_alias attempt (was Re: Multiple AAA Providers)

   Here is an attempt at providing this functionality through a separate module called mod_authn_alias.  It follows the syntax outlined in the previous message thread  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=110995646219340&w=2 .  However, I have run into a road block.  In order to make this work, mod_authn_alias needs to be able to retrieve the aliased per_dir configuration and merge it into the current per_dir configuration before calling the real check_password() provider function.  I'm just not sure how to make this happen given the amount of information that mod_authn_alias has at the point when the merge_per_dir_config needs to happen.

Any ideas?

Brad

>>> jessh@ptc.com Friday, April 29, 2005 9:16:44 AM >>>
Has there been any further motion on the multiple AAA provider issue in 2.1?

Our customers really need to be able to directly authenticate against
multiple LDAPs (again, this is not a failover case -- the contents of
each LDAP are distinct and non-overlapping).

I *suspect* we're not the only ones who need multiple AAA data sources
of a single type, especially LDAP.

--
Jess Holle