Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Ian Harrigan <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2009/06/01 11:12:59 UTC

Problem building ODE

Hi all,

Im having a real problem trying to build the ODE distribution. Im pretty sure I installed ruby correctly but when i try to run the command:

rake package

I get the following:

RubyGem version error: rake(0.8.1 not >= 0.8.4)
C:/TEMP/ode-trunk-1.3.1/trunk/rakefile:18

I then tried to update the gem via the command:

gem install rake -v 0.8.4

After which i get the following error:

(in C:/TEMP/ode-trunk-1.3.1/trunk)
rake aborted!
can't activate rake (= 0.8.1), already activated rake-0.8.4]
C:/TEMP/ode-trunk-1.3.1/trunk/rakefile:18

Below is a list of my installed gems, if anyone can see anything thats vastly wrong i would appreciate the help:

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

Antwrap (0.7.0)
    A Ruby module that wraps the Apache Ant build tool. Antwrap can be
    used to invoke Ant Tasks from a Ruby or a JRuby script.

archive-tar-minitar (0.5.2)
    Provides POSIX tarchive management from Ruby programs.

builder (2.1.2)
    Builders for MarkUp.

buildr (1.3.1)
    A build system that doesn't suck

fxri (0.3.6)
    Graphical interface to the RI documentation, with search engine.

fxruby (1.6.12)
    FXRuby is the Ruby binding to the FOX GUI toolkit.

highline (1.4.0)
    HighLine is a high-level command-line IO library.

hoe (1.12.2)
    Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles

hpricot (0.6)
    a swift, liberal HTML parser with a fantastic library

log4r (1.0.5)
    Log4r is a comprehensive and flexible logging library for Ruby.

net-sftp (2.0.0)
    A pure Ruby implementation of the SFTP client protocol

net-ssh (2.0.1)
    a pure-Ruby implementation of the SSH2 client protocol

rake (0.8.4, 0.8.1)
    Ruby based make-like utility.

rjb (1.1.2)
    Ruby Java bridge

rspec (1.1.3)
    RSpec-1.1.3 (build 20080131122909) - BDD for Ruby
    http://rspec.rubyforge.org/

rubyforge (1.0.3, 0.4.5)
    A script which automates a limited set of rubyforge operations

rubyzip (0.9.1)
    rubyzip is a ruby module for reading and writing zip files

sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

win32-api (1.0.4)
    A superior replacement for Win32API

win32-clipboard (0.4.3)
    A package for interacting with the Windows clipboard

win32-dir (0.3.2)
    Extra constants and methods for the Dir class on Windows.

win32-eventlog (0.4.6)
    Interface for the MS Windows Event Log.

win32-file (0.5.4)
    Extra or redefined methods for the File class on Windows.

win32-file-stat (1.2.7)
    A File::Stat class tailored to MS Windows

win32-process (0.5.3)
    Adds fork, wait, wait2, waitpid, waitpid2 and a special kill method

win32-sapi (0.1.4)
    An interface to the MS SAPI (Sound API) library.

win32-sound (0.4.1)
    A library for playing with sound on MS Windows.

windows-api (0.2.0)
    An easier way to create methods using Win32API

windows-pr (0.7.2)
    Windows functions and constants bundled via Win32::API

xml-simple (1.0.11)
    A very simple API for XML processing.

Thanks in advance,
Ian Harrigan

Re: Problem building ODE

Posted by Ian Harrigan <ia...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the response, i managed to figure it all now - i think i just
needed to upgrade my version of RubyGems, seems to do the trick after that.

Thanks again,
Ian

Re: Problem building ODE

Posted by Ciaran <ci...@gmail.com>.