Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Dmitry the Zuryanovich <dt...@xepb.ru> on 2003/06/30 18:01:03 UTC

Problems with file uploads

Hi there,

 Is this a good place for the questions like the following?

 I'm trying to handle - well, file upload. I've read all the docs and saw the
example.

 While attempting to do
proc upload { }
 upload save MyUpload /tmp/bububu
}
(MyUpload is the form name of file upload)
 I am getting

couldn't open "": no such file or directory
    while executing
"upload save MyUpload /tmp/bububu"

 I guess that is a sort of namespaces issue?

 Then, I've tried to access the uploaded file from the main script, not
from the proc:
 catch {
  set uploaddata [upload data MyUpload]
 } noxep
 puts "\[$noxep\]"

 gives me
 [RivetServerConf UploadFilesToVar is not set]

 I've attempted to set
RivetUserConf UploadFilesToVar yes
 in .htaccess (I have a correct permissions, at least it is not the only
instruction there and other non-rivet things are working).

 Nothing changed.

 Any ideas?

Thanks.
--
 DtZ (homepage:http://xepb.ru/dtz ,ICQ UIN:5132840,Fido: 2:5020/730)
jabber://dtz@theoretic.com //HPG

Re: Problems with file uploads

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Dmitry the Zuryanovich <dt...@xepb.ru> writes:

>  Is this a good place for the questions like the following?

There is also a -user list, but untill we start getting *lots* of
traffic here, I think I would actually prefer everything to be on this
list, so yes.  Are you subscribed?

> I'm trying to handle - well, file upload. I've read all the docs and
> saw the example.

>  While attempting to do

   proc upload { } {
       upload save MyUpload /tmp/bububu
   }

is bububu Russian for foobar?:-)

> (MyUpload is the form name of file upload) I am getting

> couldn't open "": no such file or directory
>     while executing
> "upload save MyUpload /tmp/bububu"

>  I guess that is a sort of namespaces issue?

Yeah, I don't think it's a terribly good idea to do stuff like that.

tclsh8.4 [~/tmp]proc foo { args } { foo $args }
tclsh8.4 [~/tmp]foo bar
too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)
while evaluating {foo bar}

>  Then, I've tried to access the uploaded file from the main script, not
> from the proc:
>  catch {
>   set uploaddata [upload data MyUpload]
>  } noxep
>  puts "\[$noxep\]"

>  gives me [RivetServerConf UploadFilesToVar is not set]

> I've attempted to set RivetUserConf UploadFilesToVar yes in
> .htaccess (I have a correct permissions, at least it is not the only
> instruction there and other non-rivet things are working).

Try it with 'on' instead of yes.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/