Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "LINZ, Arnaud" <AL...@bouyguestelecom.fr> on 2019/06/07 09:03:18 UTC

No yarn option in self-built flink version

Hello,

I am trying to build my own flink distribution with proper Cloudera dependencies.
Reading https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/flinkDev/building.html
I've done :
git clone https://github.com/apache/flink
cd flink
git checkout tags/release-1.8.0
$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pvendor-repos -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.16.1 -Dfast
cd flink-dist
$MAVEN_HOME/bin/mvn install -DskipTests -Pvendor-repos -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.16.1

Everything was successful.

However when running using flink-dist/target/flink-1.8.0-bin/flink-1.8.0
Running /bin/flink -h prints no yarn/Hadoop options.
And running
bin/flink run -m yarn-cluster -yn 4 -yjm 1024m -ytm 4096m ./examples/batch/WordCount.jar
Prints :
Could not build the program from JAR file.

Am I missing something?

Best regards,
Arnaud

________________________________

L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur internet, la société expéditrice ne peut être tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pièces jointes. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that sent this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the sender.

Re: No yarn option in self-built flink version

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
@Arnaud: Turns out those examples are on purpose. As Chesnay pointed out in
the ticket, there are also cases where you don't necessarily want to bundle
the Hadoop dependency, but still want to set a version like that.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey Arnaud,