Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by tom prickett <t....@tecsphere.com> on 2003/09/01 13:10:37 UTC

Im a bit stuck with Cocoon 2.1 - Offline Page Generation

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help me. I am new to Cocoon and am interested in
using the Offline Page Generation functionality within a new project I am
working on.

I have followed the following steps:

1.	I have downloaded the latest source distribution
2.	I have build cocoon ( I am using java 1.4.2 ) as per the
instructions
3.	When I install cocoon into Tomcat it all works fine
4.	I then try using the command line interface(CLI)
5.	I modify cli.xconf that comes with cocoon (see attached file)
6.	I type:

cocoon cli -V -c./build/webapp/ -C./WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf -d./dest -w./work
-Dindex.html ./samples/

I was hoping this would demonstrate the cli for the sample applications.

7.	I get the following error

Cannot find CatalogManager.properties

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException .

I am doing something really stupid? Is there a tutorial out there somewhere
which would show me how to use the CLI?

Please help me if you can.

Many Thanks,

Tom Prickett

t.prickett@tecsphere.com

Re: Im a bit stuck with Cocoon 2.1 - Offline Page Generation

Posted by "Florian G. Haas" <f....@gmx.net>.
Hello Tom,

| 7.	I get the following error
|
| Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
|
| Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException .

Does this look familiar?

Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
        at
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)
javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionBindingListener
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)

If it does, join the club. :-) I ran into that one too. Add the Java servlet
API to your classpath (which usually means copying servlet-2.2.jar into
build/WEB-INF/lib).

Just out of curiosity, Upayavira and other CLI experts: Is this behavior by
design? It seems a bit odd to have to have the servlet API available to the
Java runtime when using offline generation...

Best regards,
Florian

Re: Im a bit stuck with Cocoon 2.1 - Offline Page Generation

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
tom prickett wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder if anyone could help me. I am new to Cocoon and am interested
> in using the Offline Page Generation functionality within a new
> project I am working on.
>
> I have followed the following steps:
>
>    1. I have downloaded the latest source distribution
>    2. I have build cocoon ( I am using java 1.4.2 ) as per the
>       instructions
>    3. When I install cocoon into Tomcat it all works fine
>    4. I then try using the command line interface(CLI)
>    5. I modify cli.xconf that comes with cocoon (see attached file)
>    6. I type:
>
> cocoon cli -V -c./build/webapp/ -C./WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf -d./dest
> -w./work -Dindex.html ./samples/
>
> I was hoping this would demonstrate the cli for the sample applications.

If you're using the cli.xconf file, you want to use cocoon cli -x
cli.xconf rather than the above.

>    7. I get the following error
>
> Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
>
> Exception in thread “main” java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException …

The catalogManager error is not a problem.

Is that the entire error? Do you get a stack trace?

As to the cli.xconf, I've just committed some changes to the CVS
version, including a cli.xconf specifically configured to generate the
documentation as an example. If you're able to work from the CVS version
of 2.1, you could try that.

If you can't, try getting the xconf snippet out of the CLI documentation
and use that.

> I am doing something really stupid? Is there a tutorial out there
> somewhere which would show me how to use the CLI?

I presume you've seen the documentation, given the subject of your
email. That I'm afraid is all of the documentation that currently
exists. Although you'd be more than welcome to create more tutorial
materials!

Regards, Upayavira