Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by wick <wi...@layer3.org> on 2001/12/06 23:22:00 UTC

escaping double quotes

What about #set( $foo = "hello \"world\"" )

(prints hello \"world\") ?

Would be good to have a way around this in the user docs... and I still don't know :)
-Wick

Re: escaping double quotes

Posted by Rhys Dixon <rh...@dyxn.net>.
#set ( $quote = '"' )

then use ${quote}

rhys

Re: escaping double quotes

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 12/6/01 5:22 PM, "wick" <wi...@layer3.org> wrote:

> What about #set( $foo = "hello \"world\"" )
>
> (prints hello \"world\") ?
>
> Would be good to have a way around this in the user docs... and I still don't
> know :)
> -Wick

Yes, I have the patch for that.  I will commit it tonight or tomorrow.
There was some discussion a while back to solicit comments from community.
Look back in archives (within 30 days) and let us know if you have an
opinion :)

System and Software Consulting