Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Clements Mark <cl...@OFAC.CH> on 2008/09/12 09:53:42 UTC

unofficial builds on hibnet

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any chance of seeing any new unofficial builds on hibnet ( http://www.hibnet.org/ivyde/updatesite )? The latest one appears to be from May 24.

Thanks again,

Mark

Mark Clements
OFAC : Service Développement
' +41(0)22 718 97 29
* clements@OFAC.ch

Re: SNAPSHOTS and ivy build (Was RE: unofficial builds on hibnet)

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Foreman, Alex (IT) <
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> As an Aside it would be great if similar to other OSS project there was a
> nightly build available of the latest trunk of Ivy and IvyDE (Feature? Or
> update site?)  that people could grab.  Im sure this could be automated.

Yes, that would be nice. We need to see how to set this up. Maybe a CI
server would be nice, I think there's a hudson install somewhere at the ASF,
that could be a nice way to do it. Any suggestion?

> Also Xavier, One of the things we are using to great effect is using src
> and javadocs jars as part of our system.
>
> Would it be possible for ivy to create these two jars as well as part of
> its own build?
> Eg:
> ivy.jar
> ivy.src.jar
> ivy.javadocs.jar

We already have simlar artifacts production for the maven 2 site production
when we do a release. Automating the production of these artifacts during
the nightly or CI build would be nice, I agree.

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

SNAPSHOTS and ivy build (Was RE: unofficial builds on hibnet)

Posted by Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz>.
On Sep 17, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Xavier Hanin wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 17, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Xavier Hanin wrote:

>>> This may make sense. I've quickly browsed the web UI as a guest,
>>> and while
>>> get a list of artifacts produced by a build [1], the links for
>>> the zip
>>> artifacts are broken. Does artifact publication usually work
>>> properly?
>>>

>> Yes. For some reason only Gradle seems to have this problem. If
>> you try it
>> with the other projects (e.g. Groovy) it works. I have to find out
>> why it
>> does not work with Gradle.
>
> Indeed, it works properly for groovy, and the service seems to be
> pretty
> good. Do you know who I can contact to get our build setup on their
> server?

I usually use the email address at the bottom of the Teamcity UI page:

teamcity-feedback@jetbrains.com

- Hans

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:28 PM, <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> I've asked the teamcity guys, and a build for Ivy is now setup on their
> server! They are very responsive, it's a real pleasure.
>
> The page is here:
> http://teamcity.jetbrains.com/viewType.html?buildTypeId=bt125
>
> We still have to improve what is done during the CI build to produce
> more
> artifacts like sources and javadocs, but it's already a great
> improvement!
>
> Xavier
>

> Fine. Have you given them an Ant target to invoke?

They figured it out themselves, but I'll later have the admin rights to do
whatever we want.

Xavier

> Jan

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

AW: unofficial builds on hibnet

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz> wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Xavier Hanin wrote:
>
>  On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:53 AM, <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
>>
>>  I tried to find out if there are builds on the CI system
>>> http://builds.xoocode.org/ but that URL does not respond.
>>>

>> It's been a long time since I've touched this, and without any community
>> catch up, the project is dormant. I may wake it up, but it'd be better for
>> Ivy to rely on an established CI server.
>>

> Gradle is hosted at JetBrain's teamcity server: http://
> teamcity.jetbrains.com
>
>  I really like Teamcity and the hosting is very reliable. They only host
> selected projects. Considering the popularity of Ivy and that they use Ivy
> under the hood in Teamcity (at least I think so), I suppose that should be
> no problem. Why not hosting the CI build of Ivy there?

This may make sense. I've quickly browsed the web UI as a guest, and while I
get a list of artifacts produced by a build [1], the links for the zip
artifacts are broken. Does artifact publication usually work properly?

Xavier

[1]
http://teamcity.jetbrains.com/viewLog.html?tab=artifacts&buildTypeId=bt118&buildId=13458

Posted by Hans Dockter <ma...@dockter.biz>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Becheanu, Daniel" <db...@cars.com>.
Try Rad 7.5  Rad 7.0 is build on eclipse 3.2 while RAD 7.5 rc0 is on eclipse 3.4

Daniel
Posted by Clements Mark <cl...@OFAC.CH>.

OK - thanks very much for checking. Possibly it's an issue with RAD 7, or possibly with just me :) I'll have to leave this problem for now.

Daniel: thanks for the suggestion for RAD 7.5, but we already have enough problems on our hands with RAD 7.0 :)

Regards,

Mark

Re: unofficial builds on hibnet

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Clements Mark <cl...@OFAC.CH>.
> From: Nicolas Lalevée [mailto:nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org]
> Le vendredi 12 septembre 2008, Clements Mark a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if there was any chance of seeing any new unofficial
> builds
> > on hibnet ( http://www.hibnet.org/ivyde/updatesite )? The latest one
> > appears to be from May 24.
>
> This updatesite was dedicated to provide a early release of the version 2
> of IvyDE. Now that IvyDE 2.0.0.alpha1 is out, I think you should rely on >it.
Hi,
Thanks for your response. I've tried installing alpha1 but I'm having trouble installing from

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/

using RAD 7. I get a dialog saying "Update operation has failed", and in the logs I see

!MESSAGE Error retrieving "plugins/org.apache.ivyde.eclipse_2.0.0.alpha1.jar". [Error opening zip file C:\DOCUME
~1\clements\LOCALS~1\Temp\eclipse\.update\1221660140164\1221660140173\eclipse23745.tmp]
!STACK 0
java.util.zip.ZipException: Error opening zip file C:\DOCUME~1\clements\LOCALS~1\Temp\eclipse\.update\1221660140
164\1221660140173\eclipse23745.tmp

I've encountered the same problem on a colleague's workstation and his freshly-installed version of RAD 7 (7.0.0.7).

The update site works with Eclipse 3.4, on the other hand, and I can install it from a local mirror I made some time ago, the difference between the two that I can see being this  line from site.xml:

(works)
<site pack200="true" digestURL="http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/digest.zip/" mirrorsURL="http://www.apache.org/ant/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/eclipse-update--xml.cgi">

(doesn't work)
<site pack200="true" digestURL="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/" mirrorsURL="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/eclipse-update--xml.cgi">

Have I missed something?

> But I can update it with the last trunk of early adopters. I will try to
> take time to do some update.

Thanks again,

Mark

Re: unofficial builds on hibnet