Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> on 2016/12/17 14:29:42 UTC

Re: BSD/Mac-only crash on throwing unspecified exceptions?

According to http://stackoverflow.com/a/13088009 it's the use of
-fno-enforce-eh-specs, which GCC supports and
main/solenv/gbuild/platform/linux.mk uses, but freebsd.mk and
macosx.mk don't use and can't use because Clang apparently doesn't
support it.

This is a major issue. If support can't be added to Clang, substantial
amounts of code need to be audited and fixed to stabilize *BSD and
Mac.

I've opened issue 127252 to track it.