Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Bondy <sb...@rafte.com> on 2004/12/02 20:09:55 UTC

SA 3.x install problem

I'm trying to build a new box with SA 3.0.1, but a perl missing perl
module won't install.
HTML::Parser keeps throwing:

undefined symbol: sv_catpvn_utf8_upgrade

So obviously, there's something about UTF-8 encoding/decoding I'm
missing, but Google searches, the SA Wiki, and other resources are not
helping.  Can anyone offer any thoughts?

Oh... This box runs RH9.

Steve

Re: SA 3.x install problem

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Steve Bondy wrote:
> I'm trying to build a new box with SA 3.0.1, but a perl missing perl
> module won't install.
> HTML::Parser keeps throwing:
>
> undefined symbol: sv_catpvn_utf8_upgrade
>
> So obviously, there's something about UTF-8 encoding/decoding I'm
> missing, but Google searches, the SA Wiki, and other resources are not
> helping.  Can anyone offer any thoughts?
>
> Oh... This box runs RH9.
>
> Steve

I really have no idea if this is going to help, but have you tried
changing LANG= to en_US in /etc/sysconfig/i18n?

mine looks like:

[root@external config]# cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

There have been tons of problems with perl on rh9 because of the default
LANG setting.  Im not sure if this is related or not but i guess its
worth a shot.

-Jim