Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Leif W <wa...@usa.net> on 2005/01/05 21:42:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2 Virtual Host Bandwidth Throttling?

> Ivan Barrera A.; 2005 January 05 Wednesday 12:21
>
> http://ivn.cl/apache you can find it.. but better wait until i release
> the new version. (and help me test it)
>
> I dont know about others implementations of bw throttling..

There's mod_bwshare at http://www.topology.org/src/bwshare/README.html
which works for 1.3.x and 2.0.44 (probably later versions as well).  The
mod_bwshare author says that mod_throttle seems to have superseded
mod_bwshare.  mod_throttle is at
http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_throttle/ but seems to be Apache 1.3.x
only.  Each seems to have their own custom licensing, so you may have to
ask the authors if you can borrow code.  Their philosophy seems fairly
open which indicates that they probably would agree so long as your code
remained open as well.  Note: I have no experience with any of these
modules, I just know they exist.

Leif