Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2011/12/06 16:28:37 UTC

Jenkins CI is up

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/NPanday/

Everything is blue now. Sorry for the volume of spam in the meantime!

That should mean, going forward, that we can all keep an eye on any failures that occur.

A few notes... we have 5 builds:
* NPanday - build and deploy snapshots for the project (no profiles)
* NPanday-its - build and deploy snapshot of the IT project (not run)
* NPanday-it-runner - run the ITs against the latest snapshot
* NPanday-dist - build the shippable repository and MSI
* NPanday-plugin-its - run the plugin integration tests (currently, WiX)

These should cascade, and run hourly if there are commits.

Therefore, up to date MSIs can be found here: http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/npanday-snapshots/org/apache/npanday/npanday-installer/1.4.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/

The builds are using Maven 2.2.1, as several tests fail on Maven 3. I'll file some more bugs on this tomorrow.

The build should also get much further with mono now.

A future effort should be to set up matrix builds for the different .NET frameworks and platforms for the integration tests.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Jenkins CI is up

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
agree.

_
Mobil versendet.

Re: Jenkins CI is up

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Jenkins CI is up

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
Am 06.12.2011 um 22:27 schrieb Brett Porter:

> On 07/12/2011, at 5:15 AM, Lars Corneliussen wrote:
>
>> That is good news!!! Some questions:
>>
>> 1) what about embedded integration tests? should those run in the normal build? guess it takes too long?
>
> what do you mean by embedded? The wix-like ones, or running the current ITs without forking Maven?
The wix-like ones. I'm writing some of these for new plugins, too.

>> 2) From here, would it be easy to run its on different OS with different .NET frameworks?
>
> Frameworks should be fine - just need to change the job path (or enhance the ITs to generate an appropriate npanday-settings.xml). OSes would require getting VMs with that installed.
Ok.

> I haven't done that with stock Jenkins before, but I'm sure it is easy enough (that's what I meant by the last point below).
Good! Didn't read carefully enough :)

Re: Jenkins CI is up

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Jenkins CI is up