Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by So...@aol.com on 2000/08/12 15:13:44 UTC

servlet kicking off a process

Hey I am sure this is basic question but first time I 've had to do it. Hope
someone can help or refer me. I have a servlet that uploads a file, After the
file is uploaded I want to start  a  process  that will read and parse the
file and update the database. But since this process of reading parsing, and
updating the DB may take a while, I want to display a JSP for the client
immediately after the file has been uploaded. I was told whatever code is
remaining after you call callPage is not executed. So is there anything
special I have to do to display the page and have it read, parse, update in
the background? Thanks