Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gary Bisaga <ga...@maximus.com> on 2002/05/15 18:27:04 UTC

Can Turbine use the Weblogic datasource/connection pool?

We are using Turbine 2.2 under weblogic with Oracle database. Since weblogic
has its own connection pool I'd like to have Turbine use it as well (no
debate about whether we SHOULD be using their connection pool or not,
please). I have searched the list archives and seen conflicting messages as
to whether it can or not, and nothing that says how to do if it can be done.
Maybe I'm just not searching correctly, however. Can anybody give me a
pointer to where to look for this information?

Thanks,
<>< Gary

Re: Can Turbine use the Weblogic datasource/connection pool?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Gary Bisaga" <ga...@maximus.com> writes:

> We are using Turbine 2.2 under weblogic with Oracle database. Since weblogic
> has its own connection pool I'd like to have Turbine use it as well (no
> debate about whether we SHOULD be using their connection pool or not,
> please). I have searched the list archives and seen conflicting messages as
> to whether it can or not, and nothing that says how to do if it can be done.
> Maybe I'm just not searching correctly, however. Can anybody give me a
> pointer to where to look for this information?

When you wrote this message, the answer was no.  Now, thanks to John
McNally, it may be yes (using CVS HEAD of jakarta-turbine-torque).

Re: Can Turbine use the Weblogic datasource/connection pool?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: "Gary Bisaga" <ga...@maximus.com>
>
> We are using Turbine 2.2 under weblogic with Oracle database. Since weblogic
> has its own connection pool I'd like to have Turbine use it as well (no
> debate about whether we SHOULD be using their connection pool or not,
> please). I have searched the list archives and seen conflicting messages as
> to whether it can or not, and nothing that says how to do if it can be done.
> Maybe I'm just not searching correctly, however. Can anybody give me a
> pointer to where to look for this information?

Just going from what I have seen on the list I am 99% sure the answer is no,
turbine (or rather torque) cannot use an alternative connection pool
mechanism.  I believe however that this is to be considered in the future.

You could try asking on torque-user, but I think the answer will be the
same.

Scott