Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tanmay Kumar <ta...@isd.nec.co.jp> on 2002/10/01 03:53:29 UTC

Fw: WebServices and EJB.

Hi all,

Sorry to draw your attention to my question.
I am sure many of u would have experienced the same problem and must be ready with a solution now.
Though I have asked the question earlier, still asking again to get some info. from the big brains.

I had tried webservices with Weblogic(WL) 6.1 using its own libraries for SOAP and WSDL.
All webservices which I have deployed in WL 6.1 are EJBs. This is also a guideline in WL scenario.

But when I try with Apache SOAP or AXIS on Tomcat or WL 6.1, webservices are simple java program.
I am interested to make all my webservices to be EJB only to get additional advantage.
So can I make my webservices as EJB using apache SOAP or AXIS ???

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Tans

I had tried webservices with Weblogic(WL) 6.1 using its own libraries for SOAP and WSDL.
All webservices which I have deployed in WL 6.1 are EJBs. This is also a guideline in WL scenario.

But when I try with Apache SOAP or AXIS on Tomcat or WL 6.1, webservices are simple java program.
I am interested to make all my webservices to be EJB only to get additional advantage.
Could u please clarify on this.

TIA
Tans

Re: WebServices and EJB.

Posted by Tanmay Kumar <ta...@isd.nec.co.jp>.
Hi Scot,

Thanks a lot.
I got a clear picture  after referring to the specified URL.
I think for entity beans also we can set the type attribute of Provider in
SOAP DD as "EntityEJBProvider" and it should work fine.

thanks,
Tans

Re: WebServices and EJB.

Re: WebServices and EJB.