Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sexton, George" <gs...@mhsoftware.com> on 2002/09/28 17:52:16 UTC

Error Compiling JSP under 4.1.12

I am getting these errors when I try to compile a JSP page under 4.1.12

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/work/Standalone/localhost/caldev/index_jsp.
java:7: '.' expected
import WebApp;
             ^
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/work/Standalone/localhost/caldev/index_jsp.
java:8: '.' expected
import CalServlet;
                 ^
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/work/Standalone/localhost/caldev/index_jsp.
java:48: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable WebApp
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
      out.print(WebApp.PRODUCT_NAME);

The WebApp, and CalServlet classes exist in my context/WEB-INF/classes
directory. I enabled debug for the JSP compiler and can see that the
classpath is correct. This JSP page works fine under 4.0.4 and most other
Servlet containers.

Any ideas on where I am going wrong would be appreciated.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar Software
http://www.mhsoftware.com/connectdaily.htm
Voice: 303 438 9585

RE: Error Compiling JSP under 4.1.12