Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by David Fryer <df...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/07 15:23:41 UTC

Bigtop Presentation

Hi Bigtop!
I think I'm going to do a web presentation on setting up a bare-metal
hadoop cluster. The presentation slides that I will be using can be found
here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cEkq2x-Q_n7nbFCttHIn3luoOkz3UMlEEtbudea9l1Y/edit?usp=sharing
If anyone has any edits or comments, I'd be happy to hear your feedback.
Thank You,
David Fryer

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
sounds like good feedback.

- Given the thread below ..... I'd also suggest

1) spend some more on the way puppet works and dive into site.pp files, maybe diagram the core components.

2) Maybe even spend a minimal 1 - 2 slides on how puppet works? I wrote a blogpost recently about how I hack around debugging it.  Maybe you could use that info indirectly in your talk http://jayunit100.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-few-tips-for-chasing-puppet-errors.html?m=1 ...

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by David Fryer <df...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback!

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 10:40AM, David Fryer wrote:
> Mark, will this be fixed when Bigtop 0.8.0 goes out?

If you use master's recipes - it is there already.

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
Looks like it!

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by David Fryer <df...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Sent from my Mobile Device

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by David Fryer <df...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.
I agree with Sean, good stuff!

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by David Fryer <df...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes : great start Dave , here are two things you should update:

1) please specify the in the title that this is deploying bigtop 0.7.0... on the custom slides that this change is only necessary for deploying 0.7.0 rpms. The puppet recipes on head target for 0'8.0, but you are using 0.7.0 rpms, which require "mapreduce.shuffle" hence the need for that mapreduce_shuffle parameter change .

2) Can you also include debugging info about how to cat the yarn binary logs for when containers fail?

Re: Bigtop Presentation

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.