Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sandip Hirwale <sa...@sukrutsystems.com> on 2010/10/29 14:10:23 UTC

Memory Problem

Hi
    I am developing web application using Tomcat 6.0 server but after
running application many times it gives Perm gem space outofMemory Error why
is it so?
I want to know reason for that and solution to overcome this error

--
© Copyright Sukrut Systems 2010

Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all rights including those in copyright
in the content of this e-mail are owned by Sukrut Systems. The contents of
this e-mail shall not be copied, reproduced, or transmitted in any form
without the written permission of Sukrut Systems or that of the copyright
owner. The receipt of this mail is the acknowledgement of the receipt of
contents; if the recipient is not the intended addressee then the recipient
shall notify the sender immediately.

Re: Memory Problem

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 29/10/2010 13:10, Sandip Hirwale wrote:
> Hi
>     I am developing web application using Tomcat 6.0 server

Care to be more precise about which of the 20+ Tomcat 6.0.x versions you
are using?

The OS and Java version you are using might be useful to know as well.

> but after
> running application many times it gives Perm gem space outofMemory Error why
> is it so?

Your application has one or more memory leaks.

> I want to know reason for that

Developer error. Also known as a bug.

> and solution to overcome this error

Find the root cause of the memory leak and fix the bug.

Mark