Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wan, Jian Ming (Jian Ming)" <ji...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2013/07/11 09:16:08 UTC

org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator createSecureRandom consumes a lot of time, how to avoid it?

Some time tomcat took a long time to start up. From the log, I can see. What shall I do?

Jul 10, 2013 1:01:12 PM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator createSecureRandom
INFO: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using [SHA1PRNG] took [25,121] milliseconds.

Re: org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator createSecureRandom consumes a lot of time, how to avoid it?

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@gopivotal.com>.
Try taking a look at "Entropy Source" here.

  http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo/FasterStartUp

Dan