Posted to user@gobblin.apache.org by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> on 2017/07/27 00:08:29 UTC

Code base moved to Apache

Hi all,

Just fyi, Gobblin's codebase has now moved to Apache repo.

The repo's in use are:
Contributor: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-gobblin.git
Committer: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-gobblin.git
Github Mirror: https://github.com/apache/incubator-gobblin

Regards,
Abhishek

Re: Code base moved to Apache

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hehe, trying not to loose momentum :)

Re: Code base moved to Apache

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.

Re: Code base moved to Apache

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Awesome!! you're too fast! :-)

On 31 July 2017 at 18:18, Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> wrote:

> Done, and sent out an email regarding it. Let me know if we should cover
> anything else or you have any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Abhishek
>

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Yes it's for publishing artifacts. We cannot publish to maven repo for
>> anything else than org.apache.gobblin
>> No real choice regarding backward compat.
>> Well it's a big step to move here for the project so this include some
>> changes (disruptive or not)
>> You can maybe maintain the backward compat with implementing a layer
>> between previous package and new one (but not sure it worth it)
>>

>> On 28 July 2017 at 14:00, Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Olivier,
>>>
>>> Also, do you have suggestions about the package move based on your
>>> experience with several other projects?
>>> How do others handle backwards incompatibility? Any common pitfalls?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Abhishek

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy

Olivier Lamy

Re: Code base moved to Apache

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.

Re: Code base moved to Apache

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi
Yes it's for publishing artifacts. We cannot publish to maven repo for
anything else than org.apache.gobblin
No real choice regarding backward compat.
Well it's a big step to move here for the project so this include some
changes (disruptive or not)
You can maybe maintain the backward compat with implementing a layer
between previous package and new one (but not sure it worth it)

On 28 July 2017 at 14:00, Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> Also, do you have suggestions about the package move based on your
> experience with several other projects?
> How do others handle backwards incompatibility? Any common pitfalls?
>
> Regards,
> Abhishek
>

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> It would be used for publishing artifacts, ie. it is must for first
>> release?
>>
>> I kept it aside for last, because this will be the most disruptive
>> change. I will create a ticket for it and work on it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Abhishek
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Awesome!
>>> Any plan to use org.apache.gobblin package?
>>> At least this will be used for publishing artifacts.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Olivier

>>> epos/asf/incubator-gobblin.git
>>> repos/asf/incubator-gobblin.git