Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/23 20:25:32 UTC

[Donation Status] Re: Work on Python [NETBEANS-4538] - Licenses for Python Code

Hate to keep bugging but...

Is there any status update on the final donations?

I had worked some on one portion of things for python and almost had it
ready (1) [late last year with draft PR with pending work to resolve
conflicting unrealized files] but held off on finalizing the work due to
the need for usage of the official donation version as opposed to to the
the hg repository and forked source that I leveraged previously while
working things.

Possible new implementation has also been discussed but have not started
anything on that.

Anything?

Eric

Reference:
(1) https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2622

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 3:09 PM Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I’ve asked for him to provide an update. However, ETAs don’t really
> work for these kinds of things — it’s going to take quite a while still, I
> believe. And, even then, it will take a lot of work to integrate into
> NetBeans. Probably an LSP based approach might work better, i.e., starting
> from scratch.
>
> Gj
>
> On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 22:06, John Mc <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Geertjan,
>>
>> Is the person responsible for Oracle on the mailing list? is there any way
>> to get an ETA on it?  While we know it takes a while, we've not had much
>> info on this donation in a long time...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 at 21:04, Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, it is in the next and final donation, the 6th donation. Others in
>> > Oracle have taken over the task from me and as always this is going to
>> take
>> > some time. I recommend you forget about Python for a while and look at
>> > other things — really try to pick one thing, just one thing, not a
>> massive
>> > thing, but a small thing, to focus on.
>> >
>> > My 2c.
>> >
>> > Gj