Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rliguori <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2011/01/21 18:50:05 UTC

ActiveMQ Monitoring Tools

Are there any ActiveMQ Monitoring tools missing from the lists at the
following link?

http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html

Let me know (by posting responses to this thread), and I'll update the
webpage.

I'm sure there are many missing.

Re: ActiveMQ Monitoring Tools

Posted by Alex Dean <al...@crackpot.org>.
On Jan 24, 2011, at 2:40 AM, Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:

> Alex Dean <al...@crackpot.org> writes:
>
>> I use a nagios script to periodically publish a stomp message to a
>> queue, and then consume that message.  It doesn't provide anything
>> more than "is ActiveMQ up/down" (no additional statistical
>> information), but it's been useful for us.  If there's interest, I can
>> ask mgmt about open-sourcing it.
>
> Is it shell or perl? While Net::Stomp works fairly well in Perl, I'm
> still looking for something that will allow me to send/receive via
> STOMP in shell. No, netcat and socat don't count ;)

It's perl + Net::Stomp.

Re: ActiveMQ Monitoring Tools

Posted by Aleksandar Ivanisevic <al...@ivanisevic.de>.

Posted by Alex Dean <al...@crackpot.org>.
I use a nagios script to periodically publish a stomp message to a queue, and then consume that message.  It doesn't provide anything more than "is ActiveMQ up/down" (no additional statistical information), but it's been useful for us.  If there's interest, I can ask mgmt about open-sourcing it.

alex