Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Christian Kadner <ck...@apache.org> on 2017/02/22 12:07:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bahir 2.1.0 Released

The Apache Bahir community is pleased to announce the release
of Apache Bahir 2.1.0 which provides the following extensions for
Apache Spark 2.1.0:

   - Akka Streaming
   - MQTT Streaming
   - MQTT Structured Streaming
   - Twitter Streaming
   - ZeroMQ Streaming

For more information about Apache Bahir and to download the
latest release go to:

    http://bahir.apache.org

The Apache Bahir streaming connectors are also available at:

    https://spark-packages.org/?q=bahir

---
Best regards,
Christian Kadner

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bahir 2.1.0 Released

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
When would the Maven artifacts be available ?

Thanks

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
What is the project about? Why should I be interested in it?
[rhetorical questions]

The Announce emails are sent to people not on the developer or user lists.
Most will have no idea what the project is about.

So the e-mails should contain at least brief details of what the
product does, and some info on why the new release might be of
interest to them.

Although the mail mentions extensions to Apache Spark, it does not say
what Spark does.

Also, the Bahir home page mentions Apache Flink, but there do not seem
to be any extensions for Flink.

If Bahir supports both, I would expect the release to contain both.

Readers should not have to click the link to find out the basic information
(although of course it is useful to have such links for further detail).

Please can you add that information to future announce mails?

Thanks.

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.
How about HTTP2/REST connector for Spark? Is that something we can expect?

Thanks!