Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Aya Hamdy <ay...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/26 20:42:34 UTC

SPARQL Tutorial - Querying Datasets. Error : Unrecognized option: --graph

Hello,

I am following the documentation on using sparql ... I am trying to learn
how to query datasets as per this link
http://jena.apache.org/tutorials/sparql_datasets.html

under the title Example Data we have a default graph and two namedgraphs
and then we are supposed to use this command to query them

*java -cp ... arq.sparql    --graph ds-dft.ttl --namedgraph
ds-ng-1.ttl --namedgraph ds-ng-2.ttl
    --query query file*

whenever I put this command in my terminal it says

*Error: Could not find or load main class arq.sparql*

so I use java -cp* ./arq.sparql* ...etc instead, so it does not
complain about arq.sparql anymore. However it gives me another

error:

*Unrecognized option: --graphError: Could not create the Java Virtual
Machine.Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.*

I checked online for solutions for this error and they were mostly related
to creating an environment var JAVA_HOME and give it
 the path, so I did that, but it did not make any difference.

I understand from the error that it is complaining that --graph
is not a valid option for java, but I cannot find a solution
for that error.

when I query a single file using bin/sparql it is ok, but when
 I try to query datasets using arq.sparql it is an issue.

I thought may be I need to install something on top of Jena for arq, but

could not find a clue on whether my thoughts are correct or not and
I could not find a link to download something extra for arq if needed.

I have spent the whole day on this error, any help?

Regards,

Re: SPARQL Tutorial - Querying Datasets. Error : Unrecognized option: --graph

Posted by "Lorenz B." <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
what do you set as classpath? It should link to the Jena libs, i.e. the
*.jar files.

--
Lorenz B�hmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig