Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2010/02/24 21:27:10 UTC

JMS for spooling

Hi all,

I started to work on a JMS implementation for spooling in JAMES. Its
workin but still more a POC then anything else. Anyway I would like to
commit it to work on it in svn and do small commits. Because its not
stable yet and not production ready should I better use a sandbox and
merge it later ? or are the others ok with having some "in progress"
trunk ?

Bye,
Norman

Re: JMS for spooling

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Ok first version of JMS spooling is in trunk now.. Its far from
perfect performant-wise. But It shows the idea..

Bye,
Norman

Re: JMS for spooling

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.

Re: JMS for spooling

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2010/2/24 Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I started to work on a JMS implementation for spooling in JAMES. Its
>> workin but still more a POC then anything else. Anyway I would like to
>> commit it to work on it in svn and do small commits. Because its not
>> stable yet and not production ready should I better use a sandbox and
>> merge it later ? or are the others ok with having some "in progress"
>> trunk ?
>
> i'm a big fan of making progress in trunk. even when 3 is production
> ready, i would much prefer to see trunk push ahead and take production
> branches off it.

+1

Stefano

Re: JMS for spooling

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I started to work on a JMS implementation for spooling in JAMES. Its
> workin but still more a POC then anything else. Anyway I would like to
> commit it to work on it in svn and do small commits. Because its not
> stable yet and not production ready should I better use a sandbox and
> merge it later ? or are the others ok with having some "in progress"
> trunk ?

i'm a big fan of making progress in trunk. even when 3 is production
ready, i would much prefer to see trunk push ahead and take production
branches off it.

- robert