Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by fstauffer <fs...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 23:20:37 UTC

Spellchecker in production environment

Hello,

I am currently working on a project that is uses the 1.1 solr release for
its search engine (using a php interface).  We are about to deploy this
project in a production environment and we would like to include
Spellchecker support as well. I managed to get the spellchecker request
handler to work with a nightly build, which triggered a few questions:
 - would it be better in a production environment to "backport" the
spellchecker functionality in the 1.1 release (I am not sure how deep the
spellchecker impacts other parts of solr)?
 - or should I wait for the 1.2 release (no idea about the timeframe)?
 - or should I keep on using nightly builds?

Thanks a lot for your answers or opinions,

Franck

Re: Spellchecker in production environment

Posted by Adam Hiatt <ad...@cnet.com>.
Actually one correction to this. I made a separate jar with these
changes and dropped it in the solr lib/ dir. The base jar is unmodified.

-- Adam

Posted by Adam Hiatt <ad...@cnet.com>.

Posted by Adam Hiatt <ad...@cnet.com>.
Or just listen to yonik...