Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> on 2012/04/18 16:06:35 UTC

Close Pop-up Window From Server?

Maybe this isn't strictly a Wicket question, but I have a link from the main
page which opens a pop-up window. The pop-up has a form handled by a servlet
(in my case, a Wicket page mounted to a servlet-like URL).

Upon completing the form in the pop-up, I need to close the pop-up window
*from the server*. There is no way to do it in the client. The client form
is a "black-box" Adobe container which only sends HTTP request params to my
servlet.

After closing the popup, I also need to refresh the main page, which shows a
listing of all user records (including the new one just entered in the
popup). Is there a way to accomplish that? Thanks.

Re: Close Pop-up Window From Server?

Posted by Dominik Sandjaja <do...@dadadom.de>.
Hi,

I am not sure if I understood it correctly, but my first idea would
have been to add a javascript to the popup window which fires AJAX calls
and if the response from your server contains some code the window will
close itself.

To be honest, I have never tried anything like that and have no idea if
that will work, but one should always go after first hunches ;-)

Bye
Dominik