Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by hadi <md...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/18 14:05:45 UTC

IOExeption when crawling with nutch in Fetching process

After one day crawling with nutch(version 1.4) ... at last i got the bad bad
below exception:

.
.
.

-finishing thread FetcherThread, activeThreads=0
-activeThreads=0, spinWaiting=0, fetchQueues.totalSize=0
-activeThreads=0
Fetcher: java.io.IOException: Job failed!
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1252)
    at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.fetch(Fetcher.java:1204)
    at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.run(Fetcher.java:1240)
    at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.main(Fetcher.java:1213)
.
.

.

I have 20 news site and input argument of nutch is : depth 3 and topN -1
I have enough space in root directory of my linux also i have a about 4GB of
ram.
and confige my nutch-site.xml as belows:

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>http.content.limit</name>
        <value>-1</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>file.content.limit</name>
        <value>-1</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>file.content.ignored</name>
        <value>false</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>file.crawl.parent</name>
        <value>false</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>http.agent.name</name>
        <value>My Nutch Spider</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>encodingdetector.charset.min.confidence</name>
        <value>-1</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>parser.timeout</name>
        <value>30</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>db.fetch.interval.default</name>
        <value>36000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>db.fetch.schedule.class</name>
        <value>org.apache.nutch.crawl.AdaptiveFetchSchedule</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>db.signature.class</name>
        <value>org.apache.nutch.crawl.TextProfileSignature</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>fetcher.verbose</name>
        <value>true</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>db.ignore.external.links</name>
        <value>false</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>http.timeout</name>
        <value>60000</value>
           </property>

    <property>
        <name>db.max.outlinks.per.page</name>
        <value>-1</value>
     </property>

    <property>
        <name>http.redirect.max</name>
        <value>5</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>db.fetch.interval.max</name>
        <value>7776000</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>db.max.anchor.length</name>
        <value>20000</value>
  </description>
    </property>

<property>
  <name>hadoop.job.history.user.location</name>
  <value>/data/data_solr_site/hadoop-history-user</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>fetcher.threads.fetch</name>
  <value>5</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/data/data_solr_site/hadoop</value>
</property>

</configuration>

how can i solve this issue? thanks.

Re: IOExeption when crawling with nutch in Fetching process

Posted by remi tassing <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

in my case, I had this issue when I inadvertently tempered the segment
files.

I had another similar issue but clearly different to yours because it
happened right before or after "inject". I realized my regex-urlfilter was
missing a "-" sign (bad syntax issue).

The reasons are probably different and you'll need to patiently debug this.
As I said try running a smaller crawl and see

Remi

Posted by remi tassing <ta...@gmail.com>.
Another possibility might be the "tmp" memory[1]:

"The answer we find addressed the situation is that you're most likely out
of disk space in /tmp. Consider using another location, or possibly another
partition for hadoop.tmp.dir (which can be set in nutch-site.xml) with
plenty of room for large transient files or using a Hadoop cluster."

Remi

[1]:http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchGotchas

Posted by hadi <md...@gmail.com>.
Hi remi

Posted by remi tassing <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hey Hadi,

I had this error message several times, for different reasons but never
because of disk space.

I would suggest you run smaller crawls just to narrow down the issue. Start
with Top 1, then 10, ...

Remi

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Can you please paste how you have specified your hadoop temp dir. This
seems to be the cause of such stack trace error's

Thanks

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM, hadi <md...@gmail.com> wrote:

> yes,there is a hadoop log :
>

> i search this error but everyone says this error is about low space but i
> specify a large one

*Lewis*

Re: IOExeption when crawling with nutch in Fetching process

Posted by hadi <md...@gmail.com>.
yes,there is a hadoop log :

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hadi,

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM, hadi <md...@gmail.com> wrote:

> -finishing thread FetcherThread, activeThreads=0
> -activeThreads=0, spinWaiting=0, fetchQueues.totalSize=0
> -activeThreads=0
> Fetcher: java.io.IOException: Job failed!
>    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1252)
>    at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.fetch(Fetcher.java:1204)
>    at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.run(Fetcher.java:1240)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>    at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.main(Fetcher.java:1213)

Is this the only log output you have? How are you running your crawls,
local or distributed?

Lewis